Monday, October 6, 2008

Carter Mountain Orchard

Joshua, Ethan and I went to Carter Mountain last month for a field trip organized for preschool mothers in the ward. We had a great time! We went on a wagon ride, enjoyed delicious apple donuts and apple peach cider, and picked apples right off of the trees! I had to lift Joshua above my head for him to reach the apples so my T-shirt got all muddy and I had to stop at the grocery store with mud on my chest. I figured, "Oh well, they'll know I'm a mother."


And we came home with two whole bags of Golden Delicious apples. Yummy! Fresh apples really do taste best! We even made some apple fritters one Sunday morning.

4 comments:

Tori said...

That looks like it was tons of fun! What a great field trip! :)

milojohn5 said...

Apple donuts sound really good.

Really, really good.

Sarah said...

Ethan looks different from the rest of your kids. The oldest three are like carbon copies of each other, but Ethan has his own little look.

I love his ears!

Jueneta said...

Our favorite family outing was to Apple Annie's Orchard. Everyone loved picking the apples and it is true they taste better fresh and especially since you get to pick them.