Friday, September 26, 2008

What do you do with a BA in English?

Lexis Nexis has been laying off people for a while now and John's small department just had "the meeting" yesterday. By March they have to lay off 6 of the 20 people in their department. Three of them have to be people with John's job title of which there are only 6 and John is the newest hired. So, it doesn't look good.

I've been thinking, "What do you do with a BA in English?" So, naturally I thought of Avenue Q. I couldn't find one good video of the whole song so here are the two parts:


This song reminds me that we all have struggles. And usually, when I think about the people I know and their trials, I would rather have my own. This too shall pass. : )

4 comments:

milojohn5 said...

Don't worry; you guys will be okay.

Kristin said...

You are the second friend who has this worry of being laid off in the last two weeks. You are right, this too will pass.

Tori said...

If it happens, he's needed elsewhere, right!? Not that such an idea makes the prospect brighter... but you know what I've been through with this. Could it be yall need to relocate? You could come to Florida! heeheehee ;)

AdamRMonteith said...

I've been praying for you guys. I know it's only been a couple weeks, but is there any news?