Tuesday, September 23, 2008

I'm Here!

Sorry I haven't posted in a long time. The children are back in school and I am taking a graduate level class. I have been so busy! I am so far behind in my reading that I need to read 250 pages before 2:30 PM tomorrow!

I have a bunch of pictures I want to post but I will have to do it after I finish my reading. For now, I would like to share this picture with you:


You are probably wondering what it is. This is one of those cool Febreze NOTICEables air fresheners. I got it for $1 by combining a coupon with a sale! I enjoy the lovely smell it creates in my home. So, why is it in a bag you ask?

Apparently, my dear husband does not appreciate the lovely fragrance like I do. This is the way I found my air freshener the other day-- unplugged and in a bag.

8 comments:

Kristin said...

What claas are you taking?

Kristin said...

sorry, I really can spell I promise. Which Class?

Heidi said...

It is called "Intro to Literacy" and is the first class in a Master's Program that I am hoping to be able to complete in the next three years.

Sarah said...

I guess John has really strong feelings about the air freshner!

Tori said...

Oh how FUNNY! Well, at least he didn't pitch it, eh? :)

Congrats on returning to school. I've been almost worried enough to call a few times, but then I get so busy when normal people are awake and can't! :-P ahwell!

John Monteith said...

This post demonstrates one of the subtle nuances of our relationship: nonverbal communication.

I didn't say, "That smell is gagging me," which might have offended my wife; I didn't hide it, which would have led to questions and confrontations; I simply came home each day, waited until I couldn't stand it anymore, and then put the air freshener on "time out" for a while.

Likewise, Heidi didn't demand to know why the air freshener was unplugged, which would have been senseless; she didn't just throw it away herself, which would have been passive-aggressive; and she didn't plug it in by my side of the bed at night, which would have been diabolical. (Don't get any ideas, honey.)

So, dear readers, is this a healthy marriage, or are we headed into War of the Roses territory?

milojohn5 said...

If it works for the both of you, let it ride.

Sarah said...

Rich would have thrown it in the pile of my very expensive silk yarn to smell it up, so I think you guys are okay.