Tuesday, October 21, 2008

When They Grow Up, You'll Miss...


Women are often heard saying, "When they grow up, you'll miss fill in the blank." Some women say this for everything. I'm sorry but there are SOME things I WON'T miss!

Here are some things I won't miss:

1. Having food thrown at me and all over my kitchen floor.

2. Having my glasses pulled off of my face unexpectedly. OUCH!

3. Having to buckle and unbuckle carseats. It will be nice when I can just hop in and go!

4. Washing bottles.

5. Seemingly endless potty-training.

6. Finding spit up and snot on various objects.

7. Having something I love destroyed by a little one's hands.

8. Wearing dirty clothes 90% of the time. The other 10% being time I am away from my children.


Here are some things I will definitely miss:

1. Seeing little ones in pajamas with feet. So cute!

2. Slobbery baby kisses. (I feel that it is important to add here that I DO NOT like slobbery kisses from anyone but John and babies! So, if you were thinking about giving me one-- please don't.)

3. Snuggling with a little one.

4. Seeing the little ones faces light up when they see me come home.

5. Baby talk.

6. Having the occasional overnight guest in my queen sized bed. *Snuggle*
7. Nursing.

8. Being able to spend so much time with my children.


And lastly, here are some things I hope my children will always provide me with no matter their ages:

1. Laughter.

2. Hugs and Kisses.

3. Seeing my children excited about something new they have learned.

4. Hearing my children share gospel truths.

5. Having my children share their creativity with me. (Artwork, stories, songs, etc.)

6. Having fun playing games with my children.


I love being a mother!

4 comments:

Kristin said...

I LOVE your blog entry. It makes me think of a treasure of a journal entry I found of my moms. It was when she was sending David to BYU and Eric on his mission. She regretted hurrying through the kids childhood years. I feel lucky to have read both. Thanks for the reminder!

Emily said...

Can I add to your list? Will NOT miss: whining (endless whining!)
Will miss: kissing little toes (I don't think teenagers would appreciate that). Thanks for the sweet post!

Arielle said...

I'm glad you wrote all that good stuff. I didn't like the bad list!!

Daniel and Karen said...

So true! My visiting teacher and I discussed a lot of these things recently. I always knew I'd love being a mom, but I never thought I'd love it so much! Thanks for your post- I love it!