Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Spring Break Bowling!



My children only made one request for Spring Break and that was to go bowling. They love to go bowling so we try to go about twice a year. (It's really expensive!) Abby even came to me and said that she would like to contribute $5 towards bowling and then Jack and Joshua each contributed $5 too! (My children each have a wallet where they keep any money they get. This way if they want something like a toy or special treat, they can buy it with their own money. I RARELY buy them toys unless it's a birthday gift or other holiday gift. This has really helped them understand money and how to save for what we want!)

We had a lot of fun bowling! Bowling with a three year old can be a little embarrassing though. If we weren't careful while helping him, the ball wouldn't roll fast enough and it would stop in the middle of the lane. Then an alley worker would come to get the ball for us! Joshua had a great time and even bowled two whole games without wanting to quit!



















Abby's ball even jumped the bumper once! Look at her! She has such a fun personality!

















Here's a video of Jack bowling!

John and I bowled with Daniel and Karen who were visiting. I even won the second game when I bowled 4 strikes in one game! Go Heidi!!!

It was a fun night for everyone!

3 comments:

Jueneta said...

I love your new layout. Your kids look so cute bowling. We need to do that more.

Kristin said...

We have a job chart that they earn money when they do them all. That is a good idea to have a wallet for them each. We need to try that. We have spring break next week so we will have to do something fun like that with our kids..I love the video.

Robin said...

I used to LOVE bowling! But I haven't been in years. (sad) Zachary just walked in while I was reading this and asked me to play the video with your kids. :) I bet he'd have fun bowling, and your post just goes to show that he's not too young.

I like your ideas, Heidi and Kristin, on teaching kids the importance of saving money. I'm glad it isn't too late for me to learn how to do that. I admit that I have a tendency to spoil the kids, but I am going to make more of an effort to do differently for their own good.