Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Grateful People Are Happy People!

Today I began a gratitude journal! I plan to write at least three things that I am grateful for each day and I hope to be able to add as many new things as possible so that I’m not expressing my thanks for my family every single day—even though I feel grateful for them every single minute of every single day!

Today I am most grateful for a good night’s sleep. Ethan slept through the night and I feel so much better today than I did yesterday. What a difference it makes!

I am also thankful for my wonderful husband. We were talking and I told him that I plan to go back to teaching when Joshua is in school and Ethan is preschool age unless we have another or are living debt free with a savings and extra money for things like furniture and vacations and braces. If we are living well, I would like to continue to stay home so that I can get things done while everyone is gone and then be less stressed when they are home. I would love to be here when the kids come home from school so they will talk to me about their friends, teachers, etc. John said, “I would like you to be able to stay home so you can scrapbook.” How sweet is he? He has mentioned this before but I am always surprised that he wouldn’t mind working hard all day and letting me stay home to scrapbook! I sure picked a good one!

I am always thankful for my children! We have been so blessed to have 4 healthy and very smart children! They are so funny and so much fun to be around! I love to hug them and kiss them and tell them I love them. I must say it several times a day to each of them because I want them to always have my love for them fresh in their minds!

Now I challenge you to start one of your own!

2 comments:

Robin said...

I have actually been thinking of doing this. (Do you mean a journal aside from your blog or actually ON your blog?)

Leah said...

great idea Heidi....I'll have to think about it!