Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Mother May I?

Isn't it interesting that children often demand to take over the tasks that they are developmentally ready to learn?



Ethan has been feeding himself for a long time but I have tried to continue to feed him the messiest foods like oatmeal, applesauce, yogurt, etc. On this day, Ethan decided enough was enough and refused to let me feed him his oatmeal. I must say he did pretty well!

When he got down to the bottom of the bowl, he decided it would be easier to get the rest with his fingers.


Can you blame him?

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Too cute! Is he a red-head? I have a soft-spot for redheads.

I've noticed the same with Penelope. I always knew when to teach her something new because she expressed an interest. Sometimes it's not the parenting that's hard, it's the paying attention thing that's hard.