Thursday, July 10, 2008

These Is My Words


I just finished reading this book today! I really enjoyed it and "found" more time to read than I usually do. I stayed up reading until 1:30 AM three nights and told John I would stay up all night reading it if I didn't know I would have to get up in the morning with Ethan. I plan to pick up the sequel tomorrow at the library. Let's hope it's as good as this one! Here is a short description in case you are interested: "Based on the real-life exploits of the author's great-grandmother, this fictionalized diary vividly details one woman's struggles with life and love in frontier Arizona at the end of the last century." The main character, Sarah, is a strong woman and you will LOVE reading her diary! Let me know if you read it or have already read it and what you think about it.

4 comments:

Kristin said...

That does sound exactly like a book I would like. I will have to pick it up when I am done with my books right now. Have you ever read "My Antonia" by Willa Cather. another frontier story and it is one of my favorites. You would probably like it if this is your kind of book.

Heidi said...

I looked up My Antonia and it does sound like something I'd like. I'm adding it to my list of books to read. Thanks!

Sarah said...

I love "My Antonia". Have you read "Mrs. Mike"? It's similar, but about Alaska (and the gold rush? It's been a long time). Definitely rugged wilderness, anyway.

Jen said...

This is one of my top 5 all-time favorites.

I have the sequel if you want to borrow it. But it's not as good :(