Saturday, July 5, 2008

Gratitude

Okay, so I have a confession to make... I haven't been doing very well at keeping a gratitude journal. I really do think it is a great idea though and I hope I can make it a habit and do it everyday. Someone suggested keeping it in a little notebook by my bed so I would remember. I think I might try that.


I have decided to start posting about some of the things for which I am grateful. They will all be labeled "Things I Am Grateful For." I want you to know right now that I am grateful for my loving husband, my beautiful children, my Savior, my country, my home and all of the other wonderful things we are all grateful for. However, I plan for this list to include things that aren't so obvious or things you wouldn't know I am grateful for if I didn't tell you. Here goes:




I am grateful for my Bissell Little Green Machine. This photo is the new and improved version. Mine is old and sometimes leaks but I still LOVE it. Friday night Jack accidentally dropped a Sam's Club double size plastic jar of Ragu spaghetti sauce on the carpet. The lid broke off and when I saw the mess I couldn't believe my eyes! Forensic science must be very interesting to study because have you ever noticed how your children can drop something as small as a child sized yogurt in the kitchen and you can find yogurt on the wall in the living room! It never ceases to amaze me how this kind of stuff can splatter with such coverage!

When I first started cleaning it up I wasn't sure I would get it all out of the carpet but thanks to my Little Green friend, I was able to get it ALL out! I also was very proud of myself for not freaking out when I first saw it. I try not to react too strongly when things like this happen because if I do my children think I am mad at them when I am not. Whoever built this house put red carpet in all of the bedrooms (what were they thinking?) and when I first started cleaning up the mess that was in the hallway and in one bedroom (Splatter!), Jack said, "I guess they should have put red carpet in the hallway too."

2 comments:

Tori said...

So true about spills. I'm glad you have such a reliable cleaning tool! :)

Jueneta said...

Great post. Have you ever dropped a watermelon? . .. they are the worst. They go up the back of the oven or the back wall of the refrigerator.
Congrats on not yelling at your kids . . I think that I would have been mad.