Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Ethan Shows Joshua How It's Done!


I changed Ethan's stinky diaper and then dressed Joshua for the day. When I went to pick Ethan up, he was stinky again! "I just changed you little stinker!" I checked his diaper and it was clean but he REALLY was stinky so I knew more was coming. I put him on Joshua's potty and sure enough HE POOPED!

No, I don't actually believe he is ready to be potty-trained... but, I saved myself a diaper!

Later that day when I was telling someone about it, Joshua (who was right there in the bathroom when it happened and hasn't pooped on the potty for months) said, "I go poop in the potty." Yeah, right! :)

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Don't you love those moments. I WISH that meant they were potty trained or all 4 of my kids would have been trained so much more quickly. Hopefully it puts a little fire in Jacob's belly to show up his little brother.

Tori said...

I really hope Joshua DOES improve since Ethan did sort of "show him up," but you could also take it as a cue that perhaps Ethan could move in to some mild potty training. One thing that Jess did with Kat at the outset was to just put her on the potty every morning and before lunch when he was home. I'm sure that made a big difference because when I attempted to start the training I did it all day, which was too much, I think. Just a suggestion. ^_^ GOOD LUCK with Joshua, though!!!!