Thursday, July 24, 2008

Sibling Rivalry DOES Help Prepare Us For Parenthood!

As children, my sister and I learned how to sit on each other in a way that would allow us to hold down our "enemy" while allowing both of our hands to be free. You probably know the move too. The "enemy" is on her back. You straddle her with your knees holding down her arms.

Joshua sometimes gives me a hard time when I am trying to brush his teeth. This too may sound familiar to you. : ) We all know how important dental hygiene is to our health. So, I have discovered that I can sit on Joshua in the manner described above and brush his teeth while he laughs about it. (Don't worry, he is so tiny that I don't actually have to put any of my weight on him.)

Isn't it great how we can use the things we learned as children to help us in these situations?

2 comments:

Tori said...

HAHAHAHA I hadn't even thought of that move. Kat is my reticent tooth brusher... so I may have to try this out! ^_^

Kristin said...

Nice! All is fair in love, war and parenting right?