Thursday, April 23, 2009

A Twilight to Remember


On March 21st my friends and I had a Twilight party to celebrate the DVD release. We had a great time and stayed up way too late.

I made these sugar cookies. I was going to make them red to fit the theme but I didn't buy red food coloring paste because I could swear I had some. Oh well. They were a hit anyway because they are so delicious. The Edward ones were gone first of course because we are ALL Team Edward girls!

This was our lovely spread. Sunny Price hosted the party and did a fabulous job decorating with Twilight Michelle.

Aren't these cupcakes so fun?

Here we are with Edward. He was our guest of honor! He LOVED my cookies but he was slightly annoyed that I made some with Jacob's name on them.

We had a fabulous night and I CAN'T WAIT until our New Moon party!

This is for you Kristin! I'm sorry I didn't get this to you BEFORE Christmas but at least you'll have it for next year. You will love these-- almost everyone does!

Soft and Sweet Sugar Cookies

1 cup butter or margarine
1 ½ cups confectioner’s sugar, sifted
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 ½ cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cream of tartar
¼ teaspoon salt

Frosting:
1 stick butter or margarine, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla
2-4 cups powdered sugar
milk

Cream butter or margarine and sugar. Add egg and vanilla. Add all dry ingredients and blend. Chill dough for 2 hours. On a surface lightly sprinkled with confectioner’s sugar, roll out a portion of the dough until about ¼ inch thick. Cut into desired shapes. Place on greased cookie sheet or parchment paper. Bake for 6-8 minutes at 375 degrees. These will not brown unless you over bake them.

Frosting:

Melt butter or margarine. Add vanilla and about 2 cups of confectioner’s sugar. Mix with a whisk. Add about ¼ cup milk. Keep adding confectioner’s sugar and/or milk until you get the consistency that you want. It’s a little tricky because I don’t actually have a recipe for it. My mom just makes it without a recipe and so I just eyeball it like her. Feel free to call me if you have questions!

Makes 2-3 dozen depending on size. May be doubled.

Notes: I usually double these because the recipe is small. I roll them out on a jellyroll pan lined with parchment paper sprinkled lightly with confectioner's sugar. Then I cut the shapes, remove the excess dough and bake.

4 comments:

Robin said...

I'll admit I have no interest in Twilight, but I DID copy your sugar cookie recipe and paste it into an email to myself. Sounds yummy! :)

Emily said...

Looks so fun! And your treats look so yummy. THanks for sharing the sugar cookie recipe. I'll have to give it a try. :)

Kristin said...

I have to admit I am not THAT big a Twilight fan myself, even if I did do a Forks tour while I was in Washington, but I did live the decorations and thought it was awesome that you had Edward as your "Guest" How fun! If I had been there I definitely would have choseen an Edward cookie too. Thanks for the recipe, I already hae a copy of it my documents and I am excited to try them.

Jueneta said...

How cool to have a theme party. Thanks for the recipe.