Saturday, August 16, 2008

Help Me Choose Some New Glasses!

I ordered myself some new glasses but unfortunately I didn't realize the tortoise shell exterior could turn out to be so awful.

Here is the pair I tried on and loved:


Here is the pair I received: (You will probably have to click on the picture to see it more closely if you want to see what I don't like about them which is the coloring.)

Way too much orange for my taste! I almost cried when I first saw them.

So, it was back to the shop to see if I could get a new pair. I was hoping they could just give me the display pair but unfortunately it is a slightly different size than what I need for my head size and so the lenses won't fit in it. They don't want to order me a new frame in this style because they have no guarantee that I'll like the coloring. : ( Aren't they cute though?

So, now I have to pick out a new pair and I need your help this time! Please leave me a comment and tell me what you think. This is a good time for you lurkers to come forward and leave your first comment on my blog. : )

Here is #1:

Here is #2:
Here is #3
Here is #4:
Here is #5:
Here is #6:
Feel free to tell me if you think they are all wrong. : ) I'll figure this out eventually. Thanks for your help! And thank you Abby for coming along and taking these pictures for me!

13 comments:

Tori said...

#1 or #6 for me.

Robin said...

These glasses ARE cute! I like them all, so it is hard for me to pick a favorite. There are none that I really dislike, but probably my least favorite (though still not bad-looking) is probably #3. That one just might be a little too rectangular.

YOU look beautiful in all of the pictures!

Sarah said...

And I like #3 best. Good luck!

Kristin said...

3, 5 and 6 in that order. I see everyone agrees with me that 3 is best. I forced myself to put in my opinion before I looked at everyone elses. :) I will get Tim to give his opinion too.

Kristin said...

oops so not everyone. . .

TimS said...

I am afraid I am not helping you get any closer to consensus . . . my favorite is #4.

Stephanie said...

I'd go with 3. The full frame (not the thick one) opens up your face at the cheekbone giving it more definition. Whereas the invisible bottom frame creates a sort of oval shape from your chin up and around to your brow. PS Good shots, Abby.

Heidi said...

It was funny how many I was able to eliminate just by taking my picture with them on and then looking at the picture in the camera. This was more effective for me than a mirror. I wonder why. Anyway, my favorites at the store were 1, 3, and 6. The lady who works there was sure 3 was the best for me so I think she'll be happy to hear that most of you agree. Thank you for your input! I am still trying to decide and I will surely let you know when I do!

Heidi said...

By the way, my sister likes 1 and 5.

Jueneta said...

I like number 1.

Emily said...

I think I like #6 the best.

Heidi said...

Jack says 3, 4, or 6.

Heidi said...

My mom likes number 1.