Wednesday, August 20, 2008

First Day of School



Well, Jack and Abby are off to school for another great year! They both love school. I must say, I love having my children home for the summer but the quiet I enjoyed today in my home was quite nice.

Abby started First Grade today so she received her Schultuete! Being able to continue our German traditions is so much fun! John created this cone for Abby. Isn't he awesome?





Jack just started Fourth Grade!
Joshua... well... he could be starting preschool in October if only he would decide to be potty-trained!

Ethan just likes to wear the extra cone we made on his head and walk around the room! I have had trouble catching him on camera though but I hope to get a better shot or even a video to share with you soon!

4 comments:

Kristin said...

Hey, we do the cone thing too. Since I grew up in Germany my Mom liked the tradition and adopted it. My mom liked the idea so much she did it for us every year. We were way spoiled. I havn't been able to talk Tim into that though. We do it for the first day of kindergarten instead of 1st grade. I was so excited to see the familiar tradition in your picture.

Robin said...

Are those her school supplies inside the cone or fun little gifts for her?

It is fun to have traditions and celebrate the start of something new. I hope your kids have a great year!

Heidi said...

School supplies, a couple small gifts and chocolate.

milojohn5 said...

The conehead pic at the end is perfect!