Monday, May 5, 2008

Don't Forget National Teacher Day!

National Teacher Day is tomorrow, May 6th.

I appreciate all of love and dedication my children's teachers give them!

Abby's teacher Mrs. Baggett is a wonderful, caring teacher. She was Jack's teacher too and will be retiring after this year. I am sad that my other children won't be able to be in her class. She is a teacher who continues to squeeze in a lot of fun activities even with the pressures of No Child Left Behind and the Virginia Standards of Learning. She is always teasing the children and making them laugh. Mrs. Baggett is the perfect teacher for getting Kindergarteners on track for loving school! Jack and Abby both love her and I love her too!

Jack's teacher Mr. Wills is a very hard-working, truly dedicated teacher. John and I were so happy to learn that Jack would have one teacher for all of his classes this year because Mr. Wills teaches all of the highest groups! Last year, it was hard for Jack to switch between teachers and get right back on task. It was also hard for me to communicate with so many teachers! (He had five teachers last year in second grade. Isn't that crazy!?!) John, Jack and I immediately loved Mr. Wills when we met him on Meet the Teacher Night and were so excited for this new year. Mr. Wills in one of those teacher who is often caught working in his classroom hours after his contract time. He also leads a drama club after school that Jack plans to join next year. He helps Jack stay on task and Jack has been completing all of his classwork on time. Yeah! I need to start praying now for another teacher like Mr. Wills next year. I told Jack to ask Mr. Wills if he will switch to fourth grade next year. : )

I plan to show my appreciation by giving them some very rich Frosted Brownies with a note of appreciation from me and one from my child. I also plan to give Frosted Brownies to various other teachers and assistants who work with my children--PE Teacher, Music Teacher, Mrs. Baggett's Assistant, etc.

Don't forget your child's teacher!

2 comments:

Robin said...

I think I need to make some frosted brownies for myself then! NOT!! :D I hope that when my kids start school they will be blessed with such caring and dedicated teachers.

Tori said...

Thanks for the reminder. I should make appreciation gifts for the teachers in primary!!! (Probably should have had 'em for last week, but I'm sure they'll still like it, right? ^_^)