Saturday, May 3, 2008

Today is National Scrapbook Day!

Be sure to dust off your scrapbooks and supplies. Today is National Scrapbook Day! I won't actually be scrappin' since I am on a romantic vacation with my husband because today is our 11th wedding anniversary. Anyway, I am more of a scrapbooking collector than an actual scraper. I tell people that I collect scrapbooking stuff since I can't actually say that I scrapbook. : ) I did buy some ribbon today!

For those of you who also see yourselves as "Scrapbooking Collectors", here is a spoof my great friend and fellow scrapbooking collector wrote and dedicated to "Scrapbooking Collectors" everywhere!

Scrapbooking Girl

(Maybe he's right. Maybe there is something the matter with me. I just don't see how a girl that makes such wonderful things could be bad.)

Look at this stuff
Isn't it neat?
Wouldn't you think my collection's complete?
Wouldn't you think I'm the girl
The girl who has everything?

Look at this trove
Treasures untold
How many wonders can one album hold?
Looking around here you'd think
Sure, she's got everything

I've got cardstock and stickers a plenty
I've got papers and punches galore
You want mono-adhesives?
I've got twenty!
But who cares?
No big deal
I want more!

I wanna be where my scrapbooks are
I wanna see...wanna see them instead of
Fiddlin' around with those--what do you call 'em?
Oh - kids! :)

Tendin' my kids, I don't get too far
Time is required for scrappin',
stampin'Strollin' along without going - what's that word again?
Insane

Oh, I would crop, I wouldn't stop
Until my pages were over the top
With time for me--wish I could be
Scrapbooking girl

What would I give if I could live without piles of laundry
What would I pay to spend one day free of demands
Bet'cha my man, he'd understand
Just why his wife is so exhausted
After a minute, he's sick of cleanin'
Ready to quit

I'd like him to know what I already know
Maybe by then he would finally get it
What's for dinner and why is mine - what's the word?
Burned?

When's it my turn?
Wouldn't I love
To actually use my scrapbooking stuff
My fantasy
Wish I could be
Scrapbooking girl

Thanks Robin!

Happy Scrappin'... or collecting!

5 comments:

Kristin said...

Love it. I am not a scrapbooker myself but the stuff about not getting far as a parent and needing to get away. I totally GET THAT! Hope you are having a great time getting away yourself.

Robin said...

I celebrated National Scrapbook Day on Friday by going to Archiver's and using another one of their 30% off coupons to buy an album for another one of my invisible scrapbooks. :) I also got some free cardstock and a couple of not-so-free pieces of paper. I know, big spender! ha ha At least they had a couple of free make & takes that I actually did with both kids in tow! How did THAT happen?!? One was a really cute birthday card and the other was a fun border for a 12x12 scrapbook page. I had such a good experience that I signed up to take a card class there in 2 weeks. Hooray for scrapbooking and hooray for scrapbooking collectors! :D Have a safe trip back home. I missed you. Glad you had a fabulous getaway and Happy 11th anniversary!

Love,
Robin

Mike and Desiree and the Boys said...

That song was outstanding. Hope all is well. We are busy. Gotta go. Mike, Sr.

Tori said...

Funny. :)

Wow... must share about the getaway in your blog. I didn't even know! Ahwell... We're busy!

Jueneta said...

Congrats on your anniversary and especially on your romantic trip. I think that is a perfect way to celebrate national scrapbooking day.