Friday, January 30, 2009

Just a thought


Is it normal for me to be a little uncomfortable talking to a customer service representative in India about my mortgage that I will have trouble paying thanks to my husband's company outsourcing to India?
By the way, they won't change my interest rate to lower my payments unless I can show that we will have enough income to make payments once John stops getting paid. : )
At the end of the call the woman from India said, "I hope you are understanding everything I am saying today." Hmmm... I think so.

6 comments:

Tori said...

HA! How ridiculous can you get? Well, you could talk to your Bishop about a way to prove that you'll be able to pay your Mortgage once there's no money and then the interest rate could be lower!

Just a thought. ;)

I'm sorry yall are having to go through such a rough time!

Love you!!!

Emily said...

So much frustration! Between your post and Katrina's I've had just about enough of the government for one day. I'm blaming it on the government because our country has one of the highest corporate tax rates in the world--hence customer service (and now John's job) heading on over to India. Hope you get things resolved soon.

Stephanie said...

I don't quite know the correct cliche to go with this situation, but it certainly is pretty messed up. So, is John job definitely gone? We'll keep you in our thoughts and prayers either way.

Kristin said...

HA! "I hope you understand that you are being screwed here!" I am sure you understand just fine! DANGIT! That is frustrating. Why is it that "Customer service" is more often "Customer annoyance"? Service is so not the right word for the job they are do. Tim's brother just had his last day of work after being layed off as well so it is everywhere. Sorry it is there too. You are in our prayers.

Sarah said...

Yeah, that's annoying.

milojohn5 said...

Sorry to hear about that. Is the company offering to help with job placement at all?