Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Joshua goes potty!

I was fixing dinner when Abby came to me and said, "Mommy, Joshua pulled his pants down and took off his diaper!" Of course, I went to see what was going on. Joshua was in the living room and I asked him, "Do you need to go potty?" He didn't answer so I picked him up and went into the bathroom. There was already pee in his potty! He uses the potty when I ask him to and sometimes tells me he needs to go but this is the first time he has taken care of things by himself. Go Joshua!

Later on, I asked Joshua if he needed to go potty and he did so I took him into the bathroom. He took off his diaper and then went pee standing up! It was so funny because he uses a little potty! I've never seen a child do that before. I guess he must have seen Jack peeing standing up at some point but I don't know when because Jack is actually quite private about these things. Today Joshua sat down about half of the time and stood up about half of the time. I've figured out that rewarding him with a piece of chocolate helps him remember to go!

1 comment:

milojohn5 said...

He's going to kill you for posting that picture, once he hits adolescence.